Monday, July 6, 2009

A Very Important Date in Musical History!

On this Day in 1957........
The Stars Aligned..........
& Paul McCartney met John Lennon For the Very First Time.......
And The Rest................
Is History!
If like me you Love the Beatles, then today is a very important date in the Musical Calender!
It was on this day in 1957 that Paul & John First met at a Garden Fete at St. Peter's Church in Woolton, Liverpool. John was playing with his band of the time - The Quarrymen
which also included: Eric Griffiths (guitar), Colin Hanton (drums), Rod Davies (banjo), Pete Shotton (washboard) and Len Garry (tea chest bass).While setting up their equipment to play, the Quarry Men's sometime tea-chest bass player, Ivan Vaughan, introduced the band to one of his classmates from Liverpool Institute, the 15-year-old Paul McCartney.
If Like me you are a Beatles Fan you will Love this blog: http://paperdreamer.wordpress.com/music/the-beatles-and-john-lennon/
there are lots of Beatles Videos from you tube along with all of the lyrics. I couldn't pick which one is my favourite Beatles song as I love them all!
Enjoy!
Moe xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind words! I love to hear your comments, & although I may not always get to reply please know it is appreciated!