Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tagged by Mel - 6 things that I Love

Tagged by Mel over at: http://melaniegalloway.info/
Have to tell you 6 fairly non important things that I love!
Mmmmm.........
O.K. Here Goes Then............
Weddings, and Wedding Flowers,(& in fact flowers of any kind!) I just love them, I love all the planning and excitement of it all, and I especially love creating floral designs and seeing the look of happiness on the brides face as she sees her bouquet!
Renoir! He is my Favourite artist of all times, this picture is my very favourite, called" Les Parapluies", or "the Umbrellas" I was lucky enough to see this in real life once and it is enormous, the people in it are life sized, I love art especially of the impressionist era (& not too many people actually know that about me!!)

I Love magazines! especially Country Living which I can't wait to get my hands on every month! I like any magazine country related, period homes, or wedding related, I am also a bookworm!

I love Handmade things, I also love making them! I love crafts of all kinds and have been knitting since about the age of 5, I only recently began crochet but am loving every minute of it and also love to cross-stitch! I come from a long line of Crafters! I can't sit in front of the tv with idle hands and have to be always doing or making something! To this end I always have loads of different projects on the go all at the same time and stashes of wool and embroidery threads all over the place! I love to get new wool and am like a kid in a sweet shop when in one, I love the feel and the smell of new wool!!!

Baking! I love making breads, buns and cakes, I like making them with my kids and seeing how messy they all get and their little faces so engrossed in putting the finishing touches on!
But I also like baking on my own, then I can get engrossed in putting my own finishing touches on and making them look so much better!!!!

The Beach and anything beach related! I love to go to the beach and walk in the winter, it gets very crowded in the summer, but we do still go to a more deserted place that we know, I love the boats, and the seaweed and the shells and the rocks and almost always end up bringing something home with me for my beach collection, my husband throws these things out when I'm not around but I always bring more!! By the way I was searching for a nice beach pic and couldin't find one that I like so I "borrowed" this lovely pic from Lou over at Ludabelle, check out her really lovely blog here: http://ludabelle.blogspot.com

Now that I've started I don't want to stop!!! does it have to be only 6 things??? There are so many more that I could think of!!!



Oh the Joys in small things!
How Lucky we Are!

4 comments:

  1. Moe, that is a lovely post & now I know more about you, which I guess is the purpose of the exercise?
    I also love Renoir, my favorite is the Boating Party, I also love everything to do with the beach, and collect, shells,pebbles,driftwood etc and have also made one end of my garden into a beach theme,a blue & white striped shed, summerhouse decorated like a beach hut and the whole areas is shingled. A sign that says 'Life's a Beach'
    I am also a crafter, see by blog under post title 'sewing not sowing'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The post 'sewing not sowing' is in archives for March (12th) forgot that you wouldn't know where it was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh Maureen, I love your little folk art angel she is just too cute!, I really like all of that American folk/Prim stuff and Shaker style quilts etc., We have so much in common! While I was looking through your posts I came across one of my most favourite poems by w.b yeats, I havent heard or thought about that poem in such a lon time! It was like meeting and old friend, it made me so happy! I am going to use it in my next post with a link to your lovely blog, I hope you won't mind!
    Moex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moe, I wont mind at all, the more people that read that beautiful poem the better.
    I am just finishing off a Pooh Bear cushion for my grand-daughter Florence, I have some quilting to do on it and then the part I hate most - piping the cushion, my sewing machine doesn't always get up close enough and I end up sewing it by hand. I will post a photo when I finish it.
    I love the Cath Kidston pics on the side here, the fabrics and pottery are lovely. I am a big fan of her designs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words! I love to hear your comments, & although I may not always get to reply please know it is appreciated!