Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Thought I would show you some cross-stitch projects that I have been working on for a while, they are almost finished, the first one is a light hearted farm sampler, which I just love, Problem is Sean has his eye on it too, and thinks it is for his bedroom, and I have a place in mind in the kitchen!!
I really can't say which part I like the best, I love the hens picking, and the pigs and the cows and.......... well all of it really!

I started this when we moved into our house to put in the hall and it keeps getting pushed to the back of my work box and taken out every now and again, one day I will finish it!
I love it because it is a lovely Celtic design and means Welcome in Irish


I love this little shaker style house it has little bits of glitter on it and sparkles in the sunlight!
It makes me smile every time I walk past it!
As you know I love my flowers, especially scented ones and my weekly treat is something scented to sit on my mantel piece!

& Finally.......!
I was reading a lovely post on a blog by another Maureen, you can find it here:
and I came across an old friend who I had almost forgotten,
so long since I heard his voice..........
And so I had to take him over here so I could share his wonderful words with you
for whatever reason his words always bring the above picture to mind
It is Starry Night By Vincent Van Gogh which reminds me of another favourite,
(we will talk about that another time!!)
I actually saw this picture at the same time I saw Les Parapluies (which is a coincidence!)
In the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art in New York
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do
See you Tomorrow,





He Wishes for the Cloths of Heaven
Had I the Heaven's embroidered cloths
Enrought with the Golden and Silver light,
The Blue & The Dim & the Dark Cloths,
Of night & Light & the Half Light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet,
But I, Being Poor, Have only my dreams,
I have spread my dreams beneath your feet,
Tread Softly because you tread on my dreams............
William Butler Yeats

3 comments:

  1. lovely creations, beautiful design

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I found you when I was seeing who had visited my blog lately.

    Lovely blog and a source of great laughter. When I scrolled down and saw what those kids had done with such a large tub of sudacream I'm sorry, but I couldn;t stop laughing. I showed Mr Bun who wondered how on earth you cleaned it all up without killing first.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moe, thank you for the link to my blog. Your cross stitch work is lovely, especially the 'hundred thousand welcomes'
    Your mantelpiece display looks so nice. When we visited my husbands niece some time ago in Boston,USA, she took us to 'Shaker' village as she knew I was a fan of their design and lifestyle. People still lived there and worked the land and crafted and it was an amazingly calm experience. The whole place oozed peace and tranquility. I have a genuine cherry-wood oval Shaver box from there which I cherish, it's so simple and so well made.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words! I love to hear your comments, & although I may not always get to reply please know it is appreciated!