Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Crochet Fever!!

OOPS! There is a gremlin on my work in progress!
This is the blanket sewn together original in the middle and new either side
Aoife my six year old has laid Claim to this blanket so she is waiting patiently for it to be finished so that she can put it on her bed!
This is The Original Blanket



This week I am suffering from Crochet Fever! I was being driven demented reading all about the escapades that Lucy at the http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/ attic 24 blog and Vanessa over at http://doyoumindifiknit.typepad.com/ Do you mind if I knit blog are doing in the last couple of weeks, Lucy made the most fab blanket its so gorgeous and Vanessa is working on her equally fab blanket too, so I rooted out all my scraps of wool and although I had asked Vanessa for her pattern and really wanted to make it, I decided not to because while rooting out the wool, I found some baby blankets that my Mum had made for aisling when she was born, and for my niece, she had passed away when Aoife was born but I still used them for both her and Sean & people always commented on them.
So I decided that I would add to the original baby blankets and make them big enough for them too use now that way they would each have something that Nanna made for them which would also be functional, so far so good it seems to be working out ok, I will keep you posted as to how it turns out! I am just using an original Granny Square Pattern for the squares, the only problem is that I really want to make Vanessa's Blanket and I really want to make Lucy's Ripple blanket but I now have a line of children also waiting for a blanket each, aisling, sean and my niece! Oh Such is life, so little time, so much wool!!!!








3 comments:

  1. ooooh the blanket is gorgeous!!! I wish I could crochet ... I get as far as the chain and then I'm stumped!

    Welcome to the blogging world too ... say goodbye to all your free time :o)

    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle,
    I am only learning how to crochet but I am so Loving it! I have been knitting forever but could never get my head around only using 1 hook! Its only lately that I have got into crochet and got a couple of teach yourself books I have just kept at it and at it and have ripped back more than I have actually made, but it seems to click in eventually, I am almost finished making a baby cardigan which will be the first completed garment so I cant wait to see what it will turn out like, I will add a pic of it when its finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S.
    What Free Time (I have kids!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words! I love to hear your comments, & although I may not always get to reply please know it is appreciated!