Thursday, July 2, 2009

Anne Of Green Gables

Movie still from the Anne of Green Gables film by Kevin Sullivan

I'm sure that many of you will know this novel written by Canadian Author Lucy Maud Montgomery which was published in 1908. It was written as a fictional book for all ages, but nowadays is considered a Children's Book, I loved this book when I read it in my younger years there are lovely sayings in it, it is about a couple who 'sent' for an orphan boy, but got an orphan girl(Anne) instead, this red headed girl was full of mischief but they loved her all the same, here are some of my favourite quotes from the book:

“ Isin't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet? ”

"There's such a lot of different Anne's in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting." Lucy Maud Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

"It's so easy to be wicked without knowing it, isn't it?"

"And people laugh at me because I use big words. But if you have big ideas you have to use big words to express them, haven't you?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind words! I love to hear your comments, & although I may not always get to reply please know it is appreciated!